Some movies/songs hold you in awe, and stay with you for a long time. Some movies/songs mildly interest you, but are soon forgotten. Some movies/songs leave a bad taste in your mouth. Some movies/songs are so ridiculous that they are enjoyable. And then.. and then there are these movies/songs that evoke only one response from you.. WHAT THE HELL WERE THEY THINKING? (or in some cases, what the hell were they smoking?)
[ P.S: The numbering is not supposed to signify anything. Just thought it'd look cooler.]
5. Kabhi Alvida Naa Kehna (Never Say Goodbye) – We went for this movie, fully expecting to laugh at it, knowing that it was gonna be so-ridiculous-its-funny. However, it turned out that the joke was on us. To this date, I am not sure why I didn’t walk out midway like some of my friends did. I endured the torture for the whole of 3 hours 13 minutes!!!! On a positive note, it did teach me how to appreciate a lot of other movies I had looked down upon, till then.
4. Unfortunately (or fortunately) I neither know the name of the song, nor the movie it belongs to, but I distinctly remember how the male voice (crooning to the girl) compares her to the following : a spider, a lizard, other assorted undesirables. Oh, and btw, he’s trying to woo her (apparently).
3. Freddy Got Fingered – Yes. 86 minutes of my life were wasted watching one of the worst movies of all times! Reviewers invented a negative-one score for rating this movie. I loved the following comment by Roger Ebert.
This movie doesn’t scrape the bottom of the barrel. This movie isn’t the bottom of the barrel. This movie isn’t below the bottom of the barrel. This movie doesn’t deserve to be mentioned in the same sentence with barrels…The day may come when Freddy Got Fingered is seen as a milestone of neo-surrealism. The day may never come when it is seen as funny.
2. Epic Movie – And yet, Freddy Got Fingered has been surpassed by Epic Movie. The jokes are not ha-ha funny, not sarcastic funny, not even so-ridiculous-its-funny. The experience is just painful. Extremely painful.
1. Aa Khushi Se Khudkhushi Kar Le – Translates to ‘Come, lets suicide happily’. Words fail me. This song is the inspiration for this post.
6. The video speaks for itself